Sunday, June 20, 2010

Gratitude Sunday - Father's Day

I have so much to be grateful for this Father's Day! It is my husband's first time to celebrate, and he is such an amazing daddy to out little man! It has been wonderful to see him interact more and more with our little guy - smiling and talking to him, making funny faces, and even reading to him. As a husband he is increasingly carrying part of my load around the house too, as he has been cooking for me when I'm tired, cleaned the house yesterday, and folded load after load of laundry. I am blessed to have a husband like you honey, and if I don't say it often enough, here it is again - I appreciate you, and I love you.

I am also grateful for my Dad, who walked into a ready-made family with patience, perseverance, and a sense of adventure. Daddy, I know it couldn't have been easy, so thank you. Thank you for helping me with math homework, for teaching me to love learning and be self-sufficient, and most of all, for continuing to inspire me with your determination and curiosity. I love you very much, and hope that some of the lessons you taught me sticks.

Third, I have to say I'm super grateful for the lovely dish of paella my husband cooked on the grill today so the house could stay nice and cool - it was delicious.

PS: Watch this space! I was inspired by Amanda Blake Soule's fabulous "Ten Things" post the other day (http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2010/06/ten-things.html, so for next week's Sunday post, I'll try to have pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment